Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Unexpected Inspiration

Disney movies inspire me. Don't ask me why. Usually they have nothing to do with my actual story. But put on Beauty and the Beast or Mulan and I'm glued to the computer with my fingers to the keys! I discovered today that Disney music does the same thing. I played a CD of Classic Disney music today while I was doing laundry, and two songs in I was opening my computer with three new ideas to write out for my book. It was a great feeling, being totally inspired to work on something that has been giving me trouble for over a year now!

I just love that feeling. Wish it would happen more often. Then maybe I'd actually get something done! Well, today, other than the three ideas I got jotted down and outlined in the book, I also would like to share the potential book cover. A friend of mine so kindly drew it for me about a year ago when I started the project and I just love it!


I know the style is a bit, well, animated. Haha. But I love it because it includes all of the most important characters, keeps the two main characters front and center, and also manages to capture the individual personalities of each character. And the artist hadn't even read the whole book! Only pieces of it. So I was thoroughly impressed. Whether or not I'll use this cover when it comes time to publish the book, I don't know. But so far, it's my first choice.

Another thing I'd like to share with you all. This week I will be working on Character Profiles. I've found that when writing a book, it is easier to understand each character (as the author) and gauge how they would react in different situations if you've taken the time to dive a little into their personal lives. So I'll be working on those and will share them with you as they are completed. But for tonight, it's back to rewriting the outline and the first few chapters. So, Ride like the wind, Bullseye!

See you all tomorrow! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment