Sunday, December 4, 2011

Not Pregnant?

No, Frank. I'm not pregnant. There is no possible way I could be pregnant. Thanks for asking. =_=

It really gets to me when people assume something of you without bothering to ask about the truth. Saturday I discovered at my (soon to be former) workplace a coworker has been spreading the rumor that I am with child. Where did he get this? 1) I had stomach flu a while back which he decided was a cover-up for morning sickness. 2) I'm a generally chubby person who happened to have put on a couple pounds in the last few months and he associated that with swelling for the fetus he assumed was inside me.

Now, if he'd simply come and asked me if I was pregnant it wouldn't have bothered me as much. After all, he doesn't know me outside work or whether or not pregnancy is a possibility in my life. (It's not.) He could have come and mentioned something to break the ice, insinuate what he meant. (Which he did, later on.) If he had just asked, I could have told him that no, I was not nor could I soon become a new mother. But instead of just asking, he went and told the whole building! Talk about frustrating and humiliating to have to dispel that rumor. Suffice to say I didn't get much else done yesterday. Worked two different "real life" jobs then came home and cleaned. Then totally collapsed! I was out before my head hit the pillow.

Fortunately, I did get a lot of mental planning done for my lovely little Conflict, and rest assured will be working plenty on it in the next coming week. Hopefully without the distractions of more moronic rumors.

Have any of you ever had a rumor spread about you? Not fun, huh? Tell me about it! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment